Monday, November 21, 2011

A decade in Central Iowa

After graduating from the University of Wyoming with my Ph.D., my family and I moved to Ames, Iowa.  We lived there for ten years before finally moving back to my native New York.

You get comfortable living in a place for that long.  Especially when that place is full of friendly folks, excellent food, exciting vistas, and good friends.  As I was leaving the state in my overloaded Penske truck, I decided to set up this blog as a love letter to Central Iowa.  Partly to pay back, partly to remember, but mostly because I'll miss my home of ten years.

So, look for weekly postings over the next few months as I reminisce about the great food, exciting entertainment and interesting people of the great State of Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment